: INDIANS ARE THE MOST UNGRATEFUL NATION TO THEIR ARMED FORCES
A very good observation (below) on a very bad fact as far as India is concerned.
It is a fact, tragically, that to appreciate the generals, admirals and the air marshals, a country has to be engaged in, or pass through, a bloody CONFLICT or WAR when qualities of leadership and courage can be seen. It is in wars and conflicts that the value of fighters comes to fore.
Presently "occupied" India, bound "hands and feet" by crippling GANDHAN "wind" of Ahimsa Parmo Dharma, she is not likely to initiate a war and if the others decalre it then she will CEASE FIRE, COMPROMISE, ACCOMMODATE or PERISH in APPEASEMENT.
We don't see "guts, motivation, stamina or drive" in today's CORRUPTION LADEN Bharat to resolutely conduct a war where genuine medals could be won.
What happens if a country simply refuses to fight a decisive war but fights either -
(1) Wars of ATTRITION. As in J & K since October 24, 1947. What decisive step can be expected here if they cannot even repeal Article 370 of Constitution that applies to ONLY ONE State with Muslim majority? All the Hindu majority States are quite willing to "suck their thumbs" or call it "grapes are sour!"
(2) Wars for short-sighted Politics, or simply UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDERS without any fighting, or bogus CEASE FIRE before the victory is complete;
(3) Battles ABROAD like Rajiv "Gandhi's" TAMIL KILLER expeditionary force sent to SRI LANKA in order to intimidate the Tamils at HOME.
All those MEDALS OF DISHONOUR WERE A DISGRACE.
(4) Maimoona Begum's orders to attack the holiest Sikh shrine in Amritsar, maliciously chosen to coincide with an important anniversary (martyrdom of Guru Arjun Devji in1606 AD). The number of INNOCENT "yaatris" killed in congregations was TEN TIMES the number killed at Jallianwala Bagh in 1919. All those MEDALS OF DISHONOUR WERE A DISGRACE.
(5) Wars and battles that were avoided through national seizure of guts and courage or through dishonesty, betrayal or treason, e.g., EXPEDITIONS that never left the shore of Bharat to rescue the marooned Indians and topple the tyrannical rulers in UGANDA & FIJI.
Consider the honourable medals to the British military personnel sent to fight in FALKLAND ISLANDS off the coast of Argentina and consider the AMERICAN and BRITISIH soldiers fighting for national interests in IRAK and AFGHANISTAN.
(6) Finally futile wars when TERRITORY captureed by our own armed forces paying heavy price in life and equipment, is simply RETURNED to the ENEMY (1972).
To serious military thinkers and professionals, the rulers of Partitioned Indian Secular State (Broken Bharat) are simply "buffoons" or "clowns".
It is, therefore, naive to expect them to erect a statue of any general in front of Parliament or South Block in New Delhi.
Thus we see that there were several occasions when India had to get deep into fierce WAR in order to bring out the best in command and leadership at the highest level but the glory of our brave armed forces FIZZLED OUT when the wars ended in INDECISION, SHAME and DISGRACE.
The only honourable exception was Field Marshal Maneckshaw who told Maimoona Begum in her face, "THERE WILL BE NO CEASE FIRE IN EAST BENGAL and the CAPTURED TERRITORY WILL NOT BE RETURNED TO THE ENEMY!" She was shocked to hear this since she knew only "HINDU - MUSLIM BHAI BHAI!" (The slogan of the doomed that equates friend and FOE!)
Maimoona Begum dismissed Maneckshaw from her office and never invited him again. The RULING "donkey brigade" under her did not even attend his funeral, though he was the most brilliant fighter of Hindustan after Netaji.
By his courage and spectacular victory in East Pakistan he did merit his statue in front of Supreme Commander's (President's) House in New Delhi. But it will have to wait for the day when the Hindu nation casts off its shackles of FEAR and then despatches First Lady Sonia Maino to ITALY.
Three most prominent statues in London and in the UK are from three members of the British armed forces such as Army, Navy and Air Force. They are-
1. Statue of Lord Nelson (Navy): Located outside St.Paul's one of the most visited tourist spots in the world as London is one of the most visited places in the world.
2. Statue of Field Marshall Viscount of Ala-men Montgomery located outside the Whitehall (equivalent of South Block) in London. He has a full statue in France and another in Army Hqs also.
3. Statue of Air Marshall Viscount Sir Aurther Harris (though many consider him as a man of lowest of the low as he invented bombing constantly German civilian areas) located outside Ministry of Defense.
COMPARE THIS WITH INDIA AND INDIANS. THERE IS NOT EVEN A SINGLE STATUE OF ANY
The pictures of the statues below-(not reproduced.)