Countless letters about pension rates & arrears have been posted to Defence authorities by ex servicemen but to no avail. Here is the most recent:
Letter to RM, RRM and three Chiefs regarding Implementation of OROP is enclosed herewith for your information and widest circulation please.
Maj Gen .....................
25 April 2014
Shri AK Antony
Honble Raksha Mantri
Ministry of Defence
IMPLEMENTATION OF ONE RANK ONE PENSION (OROP)
Dear Shri AK Antony,
1. Your best intentions to expedite the implementation of OROP, it seems are getting embroiled in bureaucratic hurdles. During the meeting Chaired by your good-self on 22 Apr 2014, where the Services presented draft DGL, you had reiterated the commitment of the Govt to implement OROP at the earliest and directed to constitute a Working Group under the chairmanship of CGDA to finalize the modalities of implementation of OROP. As understood, three weeks time was sought by Secretary DESW and agreed to by your good-self for the implementation of OROP.
2. It is, however, learnt that MoD DESW has issued a letter on 24 Apr 2014 notifying the Working Group, comprising reps of CGDA, ESW, Ministry of Defence (Finance) and the three Services and directing CGDA to finalise the DGL and submit it to the O/o ESW, MoD alongwith financial implications thereof, within three weeks time.
3. This was not the intention of your directions to grant three weeks time. In three weeks, you had desired the Govt letter of implementation of OROP to be issued. Now DESW has converted that into DGL, whereas DGL had already been presented by the Services on 22 Apr 2014 Meeting. Secondly, during your meeting on 26 Feb 2014, you had categorically directed that the required finances will be made available. Therefore, working out of financial requirement of OROP by the working Group was never directed by you and is also not understood. As per the Govt decision, OROP is to be implemented as per the accepted definition, whatever be the requirement of finances, these would be made available.
4. These diversionary tactics to delay implementation of OROP by the DESW, will further alienate the Defence fraternity.
5. May, we request you to kindly issue directions to all concerned to finalize the modalities of implementation of OROP and Govt letter be issued before 15 May 2014.
NB: THEY WILL BE LUCKY TO EVEN GET AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FROM THE "AHIMSA PARMO DHARMA" GANDHIAN RULING & FOOLING ESTABLISHMENT!